Thursday, September 29, 2005

Maybe...

Maybe I'm suffering endorphin withdrawal. Maybe I should break my training-taboo taper and go for a run, like 20 minutes. Maybe after I clean my bike all up (haven't done that yet) I should carry it over the sandy campground road here (to keep sand out of the chain) and take it for a spin on the road to make sure it runs smooth. Maybe I should lie in the sun and read a book. Maybe I should take some Tylenol for the headache I still have (endorphin withdrawal),and take Journey for a swim. Maybe I should just stop ruminating.... pasta dinner is tonight and my spirits and energy should pick up after seeing fellow athletes.
 
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS!!! I can weather this thing with a little help from my friends... :-)

1 comment:

*jeanne* said...

THE (BLOG)READERS DIGEST Version of the aforementioned Supportive Comments:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ellie's gonna be an ironman, Ellie's gonna be an ironman, Ellie's gonna be an ironman. Woohooo!!!!!
Linae
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sing, sing it for Ellie!
N.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(joining hands with everyone else and dancing around Ellie while we sing Linae's song together)

Nothing's gonna stop you, Girl! We believe in your amazingness.

Karen C in Calgary
(turning around three times and spitting)
"for good weather and jelly-fish free waters"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Kumbaya.

N.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
E!!ie ROCKS!!!
Whoohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
ENJOY THE RIDE, PENGUIN GAL!!!!
(You almost make me wish I were doing it, but nope...
I do not have your COURAGE!)
Here comes IRON PENGUIN, E!!ie! :-)

*jeanne*
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Shut up and hold hands and sing, dammit.

N.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Spoken like a modern Pentacostal, Sistah. While *jeanne* takes over my soprano part I'll go get the oil and we'll all lay on hands.

We'll thank the Good Lord for all of the blessings he's bestowed upon Ellie's training. We'll commit her into the baptism of the swim, the ride through the desert, and the 26.2 pilgrimage to the altar of the Finish Line; the holy tri. Lay down yo' burden's, Girl. HalleLUjah chorus is awaitin' yo' chip beep.

Tho my tongue is partly in cheek above, Ellie, I know your faith will get you through this as much as your body will, and you will be in my sincere prayers.

Karen C
wooHOO! can you feel the powah!
KumbayAH!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
:-D

still just

*wqggxjeanne*