Except, sometimes I eat too much when I don't really like to, and eat when I don't really want to .... and, sometimes, even stuff I don't really like.
- Which would I rather do: eat this (or eat more of this), or qualify for Boston?
- Later on, will I be sorry I did not eat this? (Unless it's a needed meal, or a rare opportunity to taste something I may never get again, or enjoy something I rarely have, the answer is "No.")
- Will I be sorry I did eat this? (Usually the answer is obvious.)
- Does this add to or detract from my overall health, nutrition, fitness, and progress toward your goals?
- If it detracts, is it worth it in the long run? (Only if it's an unusual opportunity to taste something unique or magnificent.)
- Would Julie Berg eat this now?
- Would I eat this now if I were toeing the line my BQ in 12 hours?
- Am I hungry?
- And finally.... will I starve to death or be unable to carry on, if I don't eat now?
No one ever starved to death between meals, or between dinner and bedtime, or dinner and breakfast.