Wednesday, February 21, 2007

THAT'S MY BOY (again)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maybe the reason I want to post links and photos (that's him in the front)of my son Jon doing what he does, is because what he does is dangerous and I want to be sure I keep him.

Jon prefers being scheduled as a firefighter to being on as a paramedic. In a 24-hour shift, the fire trucks get called out many times; the ambulance, usually only a couple of times, and even then the ride to the hospital is so short that he hasn't much opportunity to practice his skills, to do what he does. He finds it more challenging to be on the fire trucks.

I don't feel conscious of worrying about him, but I think I do. Every time I hear of a firefighter being injured or killed somewhere.... I can't keep it from crossing my mind.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Keep posting pictures of your son - you have much to be proud of!