Friday, December 02, 2005

WHAT DO YOU DO ON A "REST" DAY?



Here are two votes.... or maybe it's two abstaining.
What do you do? Walk? Stretch? Yoga? "Recovery Run?" Sleep?

I started the day by repotting two small red poinsettias into one large pot to make one large one. Very pretty. Then my husband and I set out to Camping World to buy some RV supplies and he backed over it. The new poinsettia, I mean.The plants were OK but the pot was history. So we bought a new pot, and while I was at it I bought some pretty blue pansies and primroses and a window-box-style planter to add some greenery to our desert scenery. Ate lunch at TGI Friday's, had a margarita. Back home, I fixed a Long Island Lemonade (or a reasonable facsimile), and potted all the above -- along with repotting my Norfolk Island Pine that I planted the day my dog Amber died last year. I got a white poinsettia and watered it with blue water (water + blue food coloring) to turn it blue...they were selling these for $14.95 in Wal-Mart but I bought my white one for $3.50. Remember doing this with daisies and Queen Anne's Lace? We now have a patio garden, which I plan to enlarge and embellish. We put down a patio rug (I got the blue flowers to go with this) and I had another Long Island Lemonade. Been loafing ever since but have switched to eggnog. It's no wonder I don't lose weight.

That was my rest day.
What do you do with yours?






5 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Those are the CUTEST photos. Who is the kitty?

UltraMamaC said...

first half of the year (before the Disney vacation blew it out of the water), a rest day meant at least a mile run, most likely two, at a comfortable pace. Now, rest days are total slugginess. Sleeping in late (6:30!) and afternoon nap slugginess. Cuddling on the couch with baby boys slugginess. It's kind of nice!

PuddyRat said...

My "rest days" are just days off from training. On those days, my coach requires absolutely NOTHING of me and it can be such a relief. So, my rest days are Monday and I usually go to work, then go home and catch up on the TV shows I DVR'd during the week and didn't watch because I went to bed early so I could get up early to do more training before I went to work.

Blue poinsettia? Sounds interesting. I do remember coloring flowers with food coloring. Does that date us or do they still do that in school?

Oldman said...

rest day is usally cross training....

TriZilla said...

Hee hee, I sleep in a little. I shower and eat a nice waffle breakfast at HOME. It's enough of a treat for me. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!