Friday, December 16, 2005

TAG, YOU'RE IT!!



So, there's this tag game going around... KLN tagged me and it has taken me a day or so to figure out what it's about! I'm still not sure I know but here's what I've gleaned from KLN and from PuddyRat, who tagged her, and from Mark who, I found out on Nancy's blog , tagged her. I'm finding things out in my usual roundabout way.

So here's how I believe it goes:

  • Someone tags you and leaves a note in your blog telling you you've been tagged.
  • You post in your blog that you were tagged, and by whom, and share 5 random thoughts/facts/things no one knows/things you maybe don't know either about yourself.
  • You tag either 3 or 5 other people (KLN posted 5 but Mark says 3.... will the correct number of people please stand up? I wanna do this right...
  • Leave a comment in their blog telling them they've been tagged.
  • And they continue it on.

This is what I've figured out so far, anyway.

OK, eeks, 5 things about me. Most of my friends know me pretty well, maybe better than I know myself. (I kind of feel like I'm playing Truth or Dare....)

  1. I got a D in high-school P.E. in 1968 because I did not read and report on Dr. Kenneth Cooper's article on Aerobic Exercise in Reader's Digest.
  2. I delivered a baby once.
  3. I gave birth to one of our children in our TV room in our house.
  4. Sometimes I worry that I can't hold my booze and ought to leave it alone.
  5. I still have recurring dreams about my first love.

Then we have the new Holiday Memories variation:

  1. My favorite holiday memory: my children discovering that Santa had been there.
  2. Favorite holiday treat: chocolate-covered cherries.
  3. We will be in Arizona... Christmas Eve with family; Christmas Day Dinner with "campmates."
  4. Favorite holiday song: "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" for its third verse, and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." I may have to write these out for everyone, in a separate post.
  5. Family tradition: Somehow my husband, children and I started a ritual of making peanut brittle and then going roller skating, on New Year's Eve. We did this yearly for ages. I can't begin to remember how it started.

OK, next victims:

6 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

This verse? MADE ME LOOK!

Yet with the woes of sin and strife
The world has suffered long;
Beneath the angel strain have rolled
Two thousand years of wrong;
And man, at war with man, hears not
The love-song which they bring;
O hush the noise, ye men of strife
And hear the angels sing.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, thanks for looking up that verse, Nancy.

Tag: the 5 random things tag has you tag 5 others. Mark's tag about runners who rock has you tag 3 runners.

They don't have to be different runners. And you don't have to follow the rules! It's YOUR blog.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Cool! You are an amazing woman, Ellie.

Ellie Hamilton said...

The verses must be ordered differently in different books and sources. I'm posting the one I was thinking of in a new day's blogpost...

*jeanne* said...

It's been awhile since I visited you here in
E!!ie'sBlogLand!
I've been missing out!

So what were you WATCHING when the baby was born?
;-)

Ellie Hamilton said...

I think I had my eyes shut...