Look at the cute pin that came in the mail from P.F.Chang's RNR AZ Marathon. The "official race souvenir." I've put it on my 50-States&D.C. Marathon Hat, which will take me another 20 years to complete at this rate. The hat is from The Little Penguin Wine Company, and I got it as a doorprize at a really fun gathering of marathoning friends last February at the Gasparilla Distance Classic in Tampa. Oops, forgot to include that one in my sidebar marathon list, gotta fix that.
So far I have:
- Washington, D.C. (MCM x 5)
- Maryland (now-defunct MD Marathon Festival; ChesapeakeMan run leg)
- Ohio (Columbus x 5, Athens)
- Tennessee (Country Music)
- Alaska (Mayor's Midnight Sun)
- Hawaii (Honolulu)
- West Virginia
- Virginia (MCM... not sure if it "officially" counts but heck, it starts and ends in VA and I've done it 5 times!)
And soon I will have Arizona.
Anyway, it's a really neat little race memento. I also have a Country Music Marathon mug that holds my coffee every single morning. I had to buy that; it wasn't a perk.
I need to get excited about this race.
Folks who are doing either the 1/2 or the full marathon, please check in here!!! Commodore, Tammy, Tri-Mama... who else? (Darn, Vertical Man, wish you were coming...can't you get better in time?) I've got info on a gathering, masterminded by a member of the Dead Runners Society. I was thinking of drumming up a little email list so we could stay in touch about meeting up, etc.