Sunday, January 29, 2006

RECORD BREAKER

It's official. At the end of January 28, 2006, Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix AZ passed its previous record of 101 days without measureable precipitation.

It's the same here outside of Apache Junction where I am. I wasn't here the last time there was measureable rain (defined as 0.01 inch), which was October 18. We've been here since Nov. 22 and I'd give a lot for a rainstorm.

I'm looking enviously at the green band "back home." Garrett County, MD is even within the area that may see thunderstorms today. ~Sigh~

If it would rain once in a while I'd be so much less likely to go out breaking my butt training all the time. I've deduced that my mystery ailment is probably overtraining syndrome. Duh.

6 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

So are you going to start recording resting morning heart rates and keeping a training log to check your overtraining status?? :-)

Ellie Hamilton said...

OMG.... a training log??? You mean, like writing things down and keeping track??? That's pretty drastic... :-/

Tammy said...

Yeah, a little rain is a good thing. How's that air quality? eek.

Get well soon... rest the bod and the mind. You'll be back strong sooner than you imagine :)

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oof....I hope you guys get a little bit of rain down there. I thought it was way nasty when I was down there for the mrarathon...

Vickie said...

Well Ellie, we just had a record rainfall Saturday-Sunday. I'd send you some if I could.

Just pleeeez don't rain when I am down there. I want warm, dry weather. It can rain all it wants any other time. Is that okay?

Kranky C Dale said...

I hope you get some rest and get better soon...

K