Monday, January 23, 2006

I AM GOING TO KILL MY COMPUTER

You may or may not have been following my Run-to-Florida progress. (See link in my sidebar, if you can get it to work.)

Or you haven't been able to because I can't get the Permalink function of G-Maps to work. After I update the line indicating my route and distance I click Permalink to save the new location and.... nothing happens. 99% of the time. This is the same thing that was happening when I used to have trouble clicking on the "Add Image" button to add a picture to my blog posts. Turned out the problem there was my popup blocker. But (a) my popup blocker is turned off and (b) the URL change effected by creating a Permalink isn't a popup function anyway.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what I've done right on the rare occasion that it works right and saves the new map.

I am going crazy.

4 comments:

Cliff said...

What browser are u using? Internet Explorer? Firefox?

Vickie said...

Ellie, I am feeling the same way trying to figure this blog stuff out. Keet at it. And when you figure it out, pass it on for me!

Downhillnut said...

HEY, I live in here, remember!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

lol @ Karen. Heh, I'm a geek and sometimes I hate my pc as well. You should (ok maybe not) hear hubby when his doesn't do what its supposed to.