Friday, January 27, 2006

NO TRAINING TODAY

Had a hard time waking up, then by 10:30a.m. I ached all over and wanted to go back to sleep.... so I did. And after a couple hours I woke up again but all day just watched TV and read, and took another nap, too.

Guess I'm fighting something off.

I do this.... I go hard for several days, or intervals of several days, then I crash and feel like I'm getting the flu. Despite my IronWoman veneer, I seem to be some kind of fragile wraith who can't go hard more than one day in a row.

I should know this from many training seasons. I can only train every other day, or two days in a row at most, without a rest day!!! Maybe especially considering I just ran a marathon......

Let's see, including and since RNR AZ:
Sunday: Marathon 15 minutes faster than usual, without my usual taper.
Tuesday: Biked something like 20 or 30 miles.
Wednesday: Tried to run, bailed, biked something like 16 miles.
Friday: Ran 7 miles.
Saturday: Hiked 5 mountainous miles.
Monday: Ran 2 miles, biked almost 44. Started pushups and crunches.
Tuesday: Ran 5.5 miles. More pushups and crunches.
Wednesday: Strenuous 5-mile mountain hike. Walked 2 miles a couple hours later.More pushups and crunches.
Friday (today): Caved.

Duh.

6 comments:

Kewl Nitrox said...

Wow, that's a really intense week. When I have had a tough week, I try to take at least one nap in the weekend. It helps heaps!

E-Speed said...

we all fall into that trap when we are feeling good. You'll bounce back!

From Here to There said...

I'm a big believer in quality. If you're going to work out, make it a good one. If you're going to lay low and fight off a bug, then do it right, guilt-free napping, reading, eating, whatever it may be, under comfy covers.

Well done Ellie :) Feel better soon.

Dawn - Pink Chick said...

Feel better soon, eh!

TriFeist said...

I'm glad you figured it out. Those are some pretty intense post marathon recovery workouts. Feel better soon.

Sheila said...

I've experience the same thing--almost feeling sick. Now I know better--it's usually a sign of incomplete glycogen replenishment. So I go heavy on the carbs that day, and with one day of good sleep, it's over with.

Losing 9 lbs. since December and having a crash like this makes me think you might not be keeping up your carbs with your workouts. Something to think about, anyway.