Thursday, March 13, 2008

SAVING MORE THAN DAYLIGHT

Now that we have an extra hour of daylight, besides biking to work I'm also biking home.

I have been biking to work just on the 3 days a week that Steve works at the RV place. Just having him not come pick me up will save about 35 miles a day on the truck... wear and tear, plus 2-3 gallons of diesel fuel, $3.95/gallon nowadays around here.

And if I bike both ways on the two days I took the truck... it comes out about the same, 32 miles a day.

It's free. It's green. It's also at jump to at least twice the biking I've been doing. That's the fly in the oatmeal. Maybe I should work up to it -- bike there and then, every other, day, have Steve come get me as before, maybe for the first week.

Especially since I've never fully recovered from that bug I had before the marathon. I'll think I'm well again for a few days and then I'm coughing again. Right now I'm in a "coughing" phase. But I feel better after I bike, so it must be opening up my airways. Another saving.... cheaper than Albuterol.

2 comments:

CVSURF said...

That will add the mileage up when you get used to it. Hope you get over your bug soon.

ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer about the cough. Biking sounds like the answer to many things!