Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I WISH....

I could start all over.

In a way.

I would like to be as I am now. With the experience, wisdom (such as it is), composure (such as it is) of a 50+ year-old woman, but putting that back there when I was 20- or 30-something, and raising my children.

I don't want to be 20- or 30-something again.

I just want my children to be where they were when I was there. And raise my children all over again, with the place-in-life where I am now.

I am so good with my grandchildren.

Why couldn't I have been that good with my children?

All I can pass on is the legacy of desire to do the best a person can....

4 comments:

http://www.premierfranchises.com said...

Great Blog! You should come and visit our web spots, we have airsoft, directories, airsoft information, pixel ads, remodeling, SEO listings and self defense and other interesting offerings.

Ellie said...

Crap. A heartfelt post like that and my first response is spam.

~Sigh~

TriGirl 40 said...

Just think - you are that person now - and some people never get there - never look for ways to improve - body, mind, spirit. Your children and grandchildren are very fortunate to have such a caring and inspirational person in their lives!

Vickie said...

Just look at it as a second chance--with your grandchildren. Remember, they need you too, more than you or they probably realize right now. When I look back on all that I learned in life, so much came from my grandparents' influence. Kids don't always have that these days, so being a grandparent is still very important. You are where you are in life for that reason.