Tuesday, June 27, 2006

WEATHER OR NOT....


Well, it looks like this would be the time to go out for my 8-mile run.... we are in the little triangle of Maryland between the green rain band and Hagerstown. The rain is moving north, so it will be upon us again in an hour or so. I will get rained on during my return trip, but I need to be able to deal with that. If Nancy could go out and slog/spash through 11 miles of flooded roads, and qcmier could ride 35 miles getting totally dumped on, I can stand getting rained on. We aren't flooded, being as how we're up in the mountains; we're more subject to transient flash floods as streams spill over and then fairly quickly the overflow runs downhill into the low country, which is far from here, but affecting Nancy down on the other side of Chesapeake Bay.

No point putting it off till tomorrow; it's going to keep raining till July 5. And if I go now (instead of sitting here in front of the computer), I'll be done and back and maybe cleaned up in time for the next relatively-clear spell, during which it's possible Steve and I might want to go do something, since we're both off work today.

Talked myself into it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you for not letting foul weather keep you down. I always loved running in the rain in the summer. It was always cool and refreshing, and there were so few people out and about. It's been hot and dry in my neck of the woods. Beautiful pics of the Blue Ridge Parkway, by the way. I lived in Asheville, NC for awhile, and I miss the beauty.

Iron Pol said...

Sometimes it rains on race day. It's better in the rain, now, then around Wisconsin in November/December time frame. I did a 20 mile run one spring where the first 10 mile loop was a killer because I was overdressed. I stripped of the sweats and heavier shirt for the second lap. On that lap, I went through rain, hail, and snow.

BTW, you left a comment about my 12 mile run being about the same time as your 8 mile run. Keep it in perspective. My background is in marathons. Put me in the pool, and my swim times look more like those of an 8-year old in swim class.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Good call. Hope you had a good run!

Vickie said...

They say its best to train in all weather so you can be ready for anything, but it sure is hard to do!