Wednesday, November 09, 2005

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?



Even though all the picnic areas here in Lewisville Lake Park are named after fish... Perch, Walleye, Catfish... even so..... This one is too much! I think I'd rather open my basket at the Bluegill Picnic Area.

I suppose, if you're a fisherman, it just sounds like the name of a type of fish. Kind of like, to a person from Garrett County, MD, "Accident" is just the name of a town.

Funny, what you get used to, and what seems peculiar when you're an out-of-towner.

However, this picnic area isn't all that attractive, compared to the others in the park, which are grouped under lovely shady pine groves. Maybe they did do it on purpose.

4 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

That is hilarious!!

Did you run today? I thought of you after my run - it was Smokin HOT out there!!! Even for me!

Mz.Elle said...

Haa,too funny!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

When I was at Acadia a few years ago I took a picture of a sign that said Thunder Hole Restrooms.

And now we have the Crappie Picnic Area.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Thanks for the info. I absolutely must go there now!

*jeanne* said...

Is is reserved for crappie picnics...or crappie picnickers?

LOL!