Friday, November 04, 2005

MEET "CHESSIE"



Obviously, Chessie is a fish.

He's my second attempt since I wrote about the death of Fish. Actually my third... I started with a couple pretty fantail guppies, then made the mistake of adding a betta. Some fish are betta-compatible, but apparently fantail guppies are not, and he named himself Killer. But he died. I don't know why. Sometimes new fish do that.

So this is Chessie. "Chesapeake" seemed like too long a name for him, plus "Chessie" is a little like "Nessie," the Loch Ness Monster. Chessie's color in this photo surprised me. He's green/blue with red fins when swimming toward you; lavender when swimming away. With flash, he became yellow --- he's like the Horse of a Different Color in The Wizard of Oz. He already knows me, and comes swimming towards me when I come close. I don't know why I think of him as "cute," but.... he's cute!

4 comments:

:) said...

He is cute! We have a beta too...Nemo. He is blue with red/purple fins. He knows my wife better than me, since she feeds him!

I hope he lives a long and happy life!

Mz.Elle said...

He's beautiful:)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yay, Chessie! I hope he settles in well and lives to be a very old fishie!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.