And the problem was in my pop-up blocker. Even turned off, it was blocking the Blogger Photos thing.... I can't begin to fathom why. But when I messed with it and arrived at "Always allow Blogger Photos," BINGO!!!
Anyway, this is the medal I'd get for doing the Lost Dutchman. I am really leaning that way.
Here's how I see my options:
- Continue on my present plan, run P.F. Chang's RNR Arizona undertrained in 7 weeks, forget Lost Dutchman
- Continue on my present plan, run RNR AZ undertrained in 7 weeks, do the half at lost Dutchman a month later
- Continue on my present plan, do both full marathons, with RNR AZ as training for Lost Dutchman
- Back off my present plan, run the half at RNR AZ as training for the full Lost Dutchman
Option 1 could give me a lot of stress trying to train up sooner, give me an uncomfortable marathon, and cut me out of one that could be a lot of fun.
Option 2 would give me both events but both of them would probably be uncomfortable -- I might not feel really up to either one of them.
Option 3 would be the biggest feather in my cap of the bunch, and might be doable, or I might have two really crappy marathons a month apart.
Option 4 is sounding the most sensible. I'd still get to do some of RNR AZ, and get a medal for it, and have a better marathon a month later than I would have had a month earlier.
Oh, yeah, two possible snags:
- I'd have to pay another entry fee -- not that big a snag unless:
- Lost Dutchman's field limit of 500 is reached before payday (Wednesday) when I can fork over said entry fee. It's not a lot but I shot my race-entry/athletic stuff wad on IM FL entry, and the registration fee for Phoenix Triathlon Club. I sent LD an email asking if it will most likely be open another 5 days. If not, I'll think up something.
Sounds kind of like I'm planning on it, doesn't it? I think I really might feel more comfortable doing the 1/2 at RNR AZ and the full Lost Dutchman. After I get my mind around the change of plans. And if registration doesn't sell out.