Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WHAT'S MY BLOG ABOUT?

My last two posts have been about whether I'm addicted to computer communication and the internet. There's no doubt in my mind that I am, but.... there are a lot of other things I'm about, and I need the computer to tell the world.

But that's not what my blog is about, so I'm going to leave the pity party and drop that topic.

My blog is about endurance. Endurance in sports and endurance in life. It's about long-distance hiking, and long-distance biking, and long-distance running, and healing up my Achilles tendons so I can do those things, and about what to eat to support those long distances AND fix my lipids AND lose weight.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that low-carb is the way to go. Granted, since I'm injured I haven't been able to see yet what effect this way of eating has on my endurance performance. But what I'm reading about glucose-vs.-fat metabolism, and insulin response and fat storage, and availability of fat for fuel, is making me think maybe the high-carb/low-fat approach is just plain all wrong. And it doesn't work well for weight loss either, as many of us have found, and continue to find over and over again, much to our consternation.

Clearly, there's more to be learned. Check out the two blogs I just listed in my sidebar under "Low Carb." Especially LivinLaVidaLoCarb.... beaucoup information in that blog!!


No comments: