Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ARE YOU ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET?

I took this quiz to see what the "pros" think about my internet use. Here's what they said (sorry about the spacing, couldn't seem to HTML it out.)






(41% - 60%)
You seem to have a healthy balance in your life when it comes to the internet and life away from the computer. You know enough to do what you want online without looking like an idiot (most of the time). You even have your own Yahoo club or online journal! But you enjoy seeing your friends and going out to enjoy life away from your computer.





I don't agree. I think if something's negatively impacting your life, and you don't seem to be able to resist doing it to the exclusion of what you should be doing, that's not good. Maybe "average" is just plain too much. I check my email before doing my therapy stretches and end up not doing the stretches because I stay on until the last second before I have to start something else. That's negative. And that's just an example.


2 comments:

*jeanne* said...

I took the quiz with the same results.
But the thing is, some questions have no answers that are even close, especially for someone like me, who has no tradtional job.
The "favorite pick-up line"? Give me a break.
I guess I should take it as it's meant, a fun little diversion, not as an accurate test of internet addiction. When I go away for a weekend, I let the Internet GO. I don't cyber-cafe. I catch up when I get home. And I delete delete delete a lot. Too much of time gets frittered away on my pc-inflated butt...

Jade Lady said...

Me, hardcore junkie, though many of the questions I have to agree with Jeanne...aren't exactly pertaining to me.

but, I think that hardcore junkie is right for me.