Saturday, March 28, 2009

AUBURN, AL

We're on our way. New Orleans is behind us. Georgia is ahead of us.

Tonight we're at Chewacla State Park near Auburn. It's forested and quiet. Weather tonight is quiet and cool. I've been sitting out at the picnic table playing my (well, Steve's, really) Irish whistle.

Washer and dryer in the bath house are each only a dollar, so I did a load... not sure what our prospects will be between here and Amicalola. It's funny, such a big endeavor ahead of me, and I'm thinking about the laundry and a good price for the machines. They're about 10 times as close to us tonight as they were at the N.O. campground!

I've been going through the last month's worth of email, making sure I have addresses and phone numbers of all the people who have offered to be available if I should need anything coming through their area as I hike. The world is full of beautiful people. It's one of the ways God shows Himself.

Three more days. No more "Eeks!" No more "Yikes!" Just, "Thank you, Lord.... let's get started!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo, you're on the road!!! Bet it feels grand.

PS The picture below... seriously we've seen people at rustic campgrounds decked out with radios and all sorts of gizmos that makes a person who loves silence grit and gnash her teeth.

Dee said...

I can't believe the countdown is on. You will soon be on your way!! I am so excited for you.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It sounds to me like you're ready, even if you don't realize it.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Thank you, ladies.... I'm taking you all with me!!!