Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ADVENTURE RACING

I don't have time to find a picture, maybe I'll add one later. I'm meeting Shannon for a bike ride. She's one of the hikers who dropped me but hey, she was a biking friend before that :-) And if they hadn't dropped me, I wouldn't have gone to the Sr. Olympics tri, gotten the flat changed by the homeless guy, gotten the afterglow reinforced by the panhandler at Wal-Mart, posted about giving money to beggars, gotten the comment from Jack about helping the poor, visited his blog, found the link to the ToughGuy race, and gotten this Adventure-Racing bug. So Shannon's still a friend and I would be dumb to hold a grudge.

Anyway....
http://www.active.com/moresports/adventureracing/

Lots of good info here and it doesn't sound as hard as I thought it might.... 'course, I'm at the newbie-sprint level, not ToughGuy level...

This sounds really fun. I can't start for a while 'cause of training for IMFL, but I could maybe get a mountain bike, do a couple off-road tri's, do some more heavy-duty hiking, climb some boulders, run trails (oooh, my ankles... gotta do lots of strengthening exercises.)

Hoo-Yah!!!

4 comments:

Flo said...

Ellie, this is what got me into tris. I want to do adventure racing but figured I needed to start smaller. The only problem with adventure racing is you usually have to have a team. I don't work well in teams but with the right people.....

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Adventure racing would go right along with this month's challenge _ "Stepping outside the Box".

Fe-lady said...

Try and Xterra this year and you will be bitten and smitten! :-)

Downhillnut said...

I love it that you're planning beyond the Ironman. I think Adventure Racing sounds like a total blast! It will probably take me a while to work up to it, but I have you to follow and give me advice when the time comes.

I want to be Ellie when I grow up!