Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SURE

6/25

I called Steve and told him i want to come home. Harper's Ferry will give me 1,013 miles, and I can touch the WV/MD line before I go.
Then I will have 10 weeks to train for Savageman. The only tricky part will be to see if i can run, and then build up to 13 miles.
I am so excited about Savageman. When I think about not hiking thru to Maine, I kind of feel like "Ah, shrug, I can continue next year" (that's the current plan) If I think about not doing Savageman, I feel like my heart is breaking.
So that's what I'm doing.
miles today: 17.5
miles to go: 67
I am on the home stretch. Front Royal, VA tomorrow. I've been there before. I've been all over this area. I know where I am. I'm home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge turn of the heartstrings.

Only you can make the decision on how best to take care of your body. You've lost so much weight and you can't afford to lose any more. No sense breaking down your body. The AT will still be there next year. Of course, you know we're pulling for you to finish the course but we're not walking on your painful, calloused, blistered feet.

Don't break your heart. I have faith you'll do the right thing. (home with hubby must sound wonderful after three months on the trail.)

Jade Lady said...

savageman - back in your horizons?

I better get my butt in gear and put something on my calendar!