Thursday, May 31, 2007

CORRECTION AND THANKS

In my celebratory post about Jordin Sparks' American Idol win, I discussed the views of an anti-obesity advocate who felt that Jordin was of the wrong body type to be given "Idol" status for American youth.

I mistakenly attributed these remarks to
Geneen Roth, an author, lecturer, and advocate who promotes overcoming eating disorders through self-acceptance. Actually I was puzzled about this, because what I have just described was what I thought Geneen Roth was about, not ever "Someone's too fat."

The remarks were made in fact by
MeMe Roth, an anti-obesity vocal.

Thank you to
Miss Rachel for calling my attention to this mistake, and my apology for any negative impressions taken to Geneen Roth's excellent work in the area of eating disorders.

No comments: