Saturday, August 16, 2008

PIT













My tendons had a setback -- I jumped up and ran after a departing RV whose storage door had popped open unseen by the driver. He never did see me and I re-injured myself. The right one is swollen and tender again. My physical therapist commented that it's hard to think about getting it healed and getting me back in condition to start the AT in the spring.


Our son and his wife of 11 years (and girlfriend since she was 14 and he was 17, 15 years total) are splitting up.


I'm trying to find two relay-team members for SavageMan -- a biker and runner -- so that at least I can do the swim portion. I have a probable biker but we're still out a runner. The triathlon is a month away. Time is running short. But I'm losing my motivation. I'm losing conditioning and feel like I don't even really care. Swimming is boring, I can't run or even walk (more than I need to just to get around), my biking is limited to 10 miles in granny gears.


Which I'm going to go out and do now.

3 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm sorry. It sounds like you're getting hit with a lot at once. All I can say is that it will pass. At our ages, we know that in a way we never did as young 'uns.

Hang in there.

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh, Ellie, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Sometimes crap happens and all at once. Maybe a good time to get back to piano playing? That was always my fallback when I couldn't go run or do something physical.

Jade Lady said...

Sometimes bad things happen to good people - sorry to hear about your tendons! Keep your chin up. Things will turn around (well, after your bike crash, that is...).

I am very sorry to hear about your son's situation. It must be a very difficult time for him.