Sunday, June 07, 2009

DALEVILLE, VA

Yesterday I passed 700 miles. Closing in on 1/3 (727 miles.)

My boots are worn out.

I look thin. Not nicely slim.... thin.

I've hiked the past week with Young Scott, an 18-yr-old man who has the wisdom of one much older. He's a Christian and we talk some about theology and much about other things. We're following his planned itinerary, hiking generally 16-18 miles a day. I hope I can keep on keeping up with him. He could go faster if I weren't with him but I am able to do his planned miles.... we just get to the shelter an hour or so later than he might have alone.

Yesterday I stood atop McAfee Knob, one of the most-photographed spots on the Trail. Do a Google Image search and you'll see it!


Gotta go, folks waiting for computer (motel lobby.)

No comments: